Monday 24 May 2010

Cupcakes for Charity - The Heart Foundation


As a regular baker, I often think about how I could use my skills for the benefit of those in need. With cupcakes being so popular in my office, I thought.."Why not sell them and put the money towards a good cause..." So with that, I have come up with the concept of Cupcakes for Charity.

My aim is to do a Cupcakes for Charity sale at least twice a month, and each time I will choose a different charity. For the first instalment of Cupcakes for Charity I chose the Heart Foundation. Cardiovascular disease remains one of Australia's biggest health problems... The Heart Foundation relies on gifts and donations to continue its lifesaving research, education and health promotion work, so it is a very good cause.


It seemed only right that the cupcakes be decorated with love hearts. Cupcakes with heart.. awww! ;)




Ladybird x

http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/

9 comments:

  1. Anna, what a lovely idea. And even lovelier looking cupcakes! You are becoming a queen of fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for doing this! I love the colours and I am sure they will be flying out the door too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome idea really. And they look perfect, im sure your workmates will be more than happy to not only buy one of these stunning cupcakes but to put money towards a great cause.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you're such a sweetheart! What a great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's such a nice idea, to combine your passion of food with this important cause. I wish you a long life to your "cupcakes for charity"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea, people will definitely be willing to buy something even more if they know the proceeds go to charity.

    Your heart cupcakes look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so gorgeous - all your cupcakes look so professionally done and too good not to eat!

    Combining your love of baking with giving to the community must be the gift that gives twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good looking cupcakes for a charity and a good idea to make a cause.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails