The title says it all! This is my new favourite vegetable soup recipe from none other than the queen of quick and easy - Donna Hay. This post is a quick one too as I am about to bring little Roman to the doctor for his 6 month checkup and vaccinations... Oh bless, he's always so happy and chatty at the doctor's, and then the jabs come out.. poor lil' nugget! Sometimes I feel like crying too when I see him suffer like that!
Oh, and please excuse the rather hideous accompanying photos taken on my phone last night...
Nowadays recipes such as this one are a favourite of mine because time is of the essence! As soon as baby goes to sleep in the evening at 7pm, there is a flurry of activity in the kitchen. If I can manage to prepare the dinner in time to watch My Kitchen Rules (MKR) at 7:30pm, I'm a happy girl.
Easy Vegetable Soup
Adapted recipe from Donna Hay - Fast, Fresh, Simple
1. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the oil, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the tomato, stock, carrot, zucchini and parsnip.
4. Cover and bring to the boil.
5. Season to taste with a salt, pepper, and about half a teaspoon raw sugar or to taste (to take the edge off the tomato). Allow to simmer rapidly for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender (Tip - the coarser the vegetables, the longer the cooking time and chunkier the consistency of end result).
6. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with parmesan. Serve with some crusty bread, or even better, some homemade garlic bread! Mmmm...
So tell me, is anyone else enjoying MKR this season? Can't wait to watch the final tonight - Go Nic and Rocco!!!