It has been way too long since my last post - my sincere apologies!
Now that I have a little more spare time on my hands, I thought it was about time to post a new recipe. Tonight I made vegetarian cheeseburgers - one of our weekend favourites at the moment.
Here's what you'll need for these:
400g can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed, roughly mashed with a fork- not too mushy!)
1 small brown onion (finely chopped)
100g grated low fat cheddar cheese
plain flour, for dusting
1 tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
White onion, sliced
1. Combine all of the above (with clean hands is easiest)... it should form a chucky paste. Divide mixture into 4 or 5 balls and roll in a little flour. Flatten and shape into burger style patties.
2. Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat and fry gently for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
3. Assemble burgers, and enjoy!
- You can add any other trimmings that take your fancy - cheese slices, mustard, aoli, beetroot... you name it!
- If you are luck enough to have a food processer, use it to blitz your onions and kidney beans respectively. It's so quick and you won't get onion eyes :)