Thursday 9 December 2010

Cranberry & White Chocolate Bites


Around this time last year, I made white chocolate and macadamia shortbread cookies and packaged them up and gave them away as Christmas gifts. I wanted to do something similar again this year, but this time I wanted them to taste a little more Christmasy, so the inclusion of cranberries in a cookie seemed like a good idea.

I usually follow recipes that I come across and don't spend much time developing my own recipes, but this is something I'm very keen on doing more of, especially in 2011. So, in the spirit of getting a head start of new year's resolutions, here is my recipe for these little bite size Christmas treats. Quick and easy to make, these make a great gift for friends with little notice.


The recipe makes around 60 cookies that can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last!).

White Chocolate & Cranberry Bites
An original Diary of a Ladybird recipe!

Ingredients
200g unsalted butter, softened
pinch salt
1/4 c caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c plain flour
2 tbsp rice flour
1/4 c dried cranberries, finely chopped
Half block (90g) white chocolate, finely chopped


Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and pinch of salt. Add the plain flour and rice flour, then mix in the cranberries and white chocolate.
3. Roll small teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on the baking tray, and bake for around 10 minutes or until golden.
4. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


I'll be featuring a few more Christmas recipes over the coming days, including great ideas for food that can also double as homemade gifts. Stay tuned!


Ladybird x

9 comments:

  1. Yum Yum! I am yet to start my Christmas pressie baking, completing a gingerbread house was hard work! These sounds pretty scrumptious, and Christmassy too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm pretty biscuits! and yum white chocolate and cranberries make the best combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever of you to come up with this recipe. The cookies look really scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good. Will bookmark this and bake this soon :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish! I make a similar cookie around Xmas which includes cranberries, pistachios and white choc. Yum and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh these look sooo divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum I do lots of baking for Christmas so these will be going on my list to make. Good on you for experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bite sized means you can eat HEAPS without feeling guilty, hooray! They look like perfect Xmas gifts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails