Tuesday, 26 July 2011

The WWE Wrestling Cake


A quick show-and-tell post from me today - life has got in the way of blogging of late, but I am so happy that July has turned out to be such a great month for cake decorating!

This World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) cake was for young James who turned 8 last week - he is a BIG wrestling fan, so a wrestling cake was an obvious choice for the occasion.


It was a lot of fun resarching and making this cake - never have I paid so much attention to wrestlers' oompa loompa like skintone, oh-so-stylish mullets, and their equally dapper costumes!

This was my first time at creating figurines for a cake.. a little daunting, but I was happy with the result for a first attempt, especially with the little details such as their six-packs and burly muscles.

But the best part of all...? James's reaction to his cake as captured by his mum on camera and shared with me the next day - now there's a little grin that made it all the more worthwhile :)



Till next time,

Ladybird x

PS - I've had a couple of enquiries about cake orders this month so I thought I'd just make a general announcement regarding this through my blog... Yes, I am definitely open to doing cake/cupcake orders in the Sydney area :) If you are interested and would like to get in touch with me, please email me at diaryofaladybird[at]gmail[dot]com.

10 comments:

  1. This made me smile. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha I love this and the burly muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest cake ever!!! I have never seen anything so awesome.

    Well Done :)

    I love all the detail, the six packs and the mullets are hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. suck a quirky cake! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! But pleeeeeease don't let James grow a mullet!A six pack is OK though. I think you should express cakes to Canberra too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmy....this is darn cute ...
    amazed at ur perfection..
    visiting your space for the first time...u sure do have a lovely blog..
    great clicks with very nice posts..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cake! love the 6 packs abs of the wrestlers - LOL!
    My best wishes for the opening of your cake business :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible cake! You'll have to make a rugby cake for me one day :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was the most amazing cake... the cake tasted amazing too. @The Intolerant Chef - never a mullet, I promise... if I'm honest I hope he grows out of wrestling in the near future!!!
    In any case, Ms Ladybird created an unforgettable cake for James and for that I am lucky and very grateful :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails