Saturday, 9 January 2010

Les Amis, Brisbane


This morning I headed for the Fortitude Valley in Brisbane to catch up with my good friends Andrew and Anthony at a french cafe and restaurant called Les Amis. Meaning 'the friends', I thought it was a very appropriate venue :) It is always so great to catch up with them, and what better a way to catch up than over good food and coffee first thing in the morning!



Andrew ordered the French toast with crispy bacon and maple syrup ($10.50) and devoured every tasty morsel in no time.

Anthony had the Sweetcorn and potato hashcakes with wilted spinach and poached eggs ($12.50). He enjoyed it, but remarked that the cakes, although delicious and not oily, could have been a little crisper on the outside.

For me - the Pancakes with cherry compote and vanilla mascarpone ($12.50). They were good pancakes, but I felt that a little maple syrup could have helped as the cherries were quite tart and the mascarpone was unsweetened.

The coffee was excellent, so I asked a waiter what sort it was and I was delighted to hear it was Campos. I didn't know Campos had arrived in Brisbane so that was a nice surprise. We had 2 rounds of coffee - there was a lot of chatting and catching up to be done!


So, all in all a lovely breakfast at Les Amis avec mes amis!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Ladybird x

Les Amis
Shop 1, Green Square North Tower 515 St. Paul’s Terrace
Fortitude Valley Q 4006
(07) 3852 6100

8 comments:

  1. the french toast looks excellent. wish i was in QLD to try.
    s :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The French toast looks wonderful and the corn and potato hashcakes look very interesting indeed - like a gluten-free substitute for the usual English muffin. And yay for Campos as it is definitely one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that food looks tasty. I love tofu french toast with banana and maple syrup :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a nice breakfast :-) Love them all specially the pancakes with cherries...yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I do love a good breakfast. The only thing I love more thana good breakfast is a good breakfast served at dinner time! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yum! Everything looks amazingly delicious and the coffee sounds wonderful, Mmmm!!!

    Sorry you missed my giveaway, I'll definitely let you know whenever I have it again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the nice cafes in Brisbane. The pancake looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful breakfast! I love everything there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails