Saturday 2 January 2010

Pomegranate Ice-cream

Hi everyone :)

Hope your new year is off to a great start! I have been having a great time getting back to cooking since returning from holidays.. although I am still nursing my strange summertime cold/flu symptoms. Ice cream probably isn't the best thing for it, but what the heck! I saw this recipe on a cooking channel while sitting in a hotel room in Delhi and I promised myself I'd make it upon my return to Sydney.

A
lthough I do love using my new ice-cream maker machine, the great thing about this recipe is that I don't have to get it out! This is a 'no-churn' recipe from Nigella Lawson, and I think it's a great way to use the beautiful pomegranates that are available at the moment. Plus, did you know that pomegranates contain more antioxidants than green tea or red wine?!

Ingredients
2 pomegranates
1 lime
150g powdered/icing sugar
2 cups double/thickened cream

Method
1. Half the pomegranates and reserve and few seeds for decoration. Squeeze pomegranate halves over a sieve in a bowl.
2. Squeeze lime into same bowl.
3. Put icing sugar in medium to large size bowl, and gradually whisk in juice.
4. Add cream and whisk until 'billowy' or 'floppy' as I would describe. So the cream should hold its shape loosely - it should not have reached the 'peaky' stage.
5. Pour into freezeable container and freeze overnight.

So, the result? Soft, creamy and delicately flavoured ice-cream. I am so impressed with this no-churn method of Nigella's, I will definitely be trying some of her other no-churn recipes.

Take care for now!

Love,
Ladybird x

23 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ice cream. I have an ice cream maker...still brand new. Time to go and dig it out to make some ice cream :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so summery - thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what other fantastic recipes you discovered while overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look delicious Anna! And it's got fruit so it's a great healthy start to the new year right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you were on holidays but still had time to note down a recipe! Ahhh, that is true foodie behaviour =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely delicious! The colour is so inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so welcoming in this heat! I really like Nigella's no churn ice cream recipes. Have you tried the Margarita one? That's great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lorraine,

    No I haven't tried the Margarita one yet... soon I hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This stuff is positively awesome!! Yum yum and so simple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A typical Sound Healing Massage session involves the recipient lying down comfortably on a massage table or mat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By integrating the wisdom of yoga and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acu-Yoga offers a unique and comprehensive approach to supporting physical, mental, and energetic health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. massage parlour near me is a classic choice for relaxation. Incorporating long, flowing strokes, kneading, and gentle stretching, this massage promotes relaxation and enhances blood flow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Explore the world of soothing body to body massage centres in bangalore treatments to couples' sessions, discover the perfect massage center for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Massage can increase range of motion by increasing tissue temperature and decreasing scar tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finding the perfect massage parlour is crucial for those seeking a moment of relaxation and relief from life's stress. In this guide, we will explore the finest options available when you search for a female to male massage near me

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can get rid of fatigue, headaches, body aches and tiredness with our services. We also help you achieve a radiant skin. This service is offered at Spa in Chennai.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have the best therapists in the business with years of experience. Relax with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Massages can help ease tension and stiffness by focusing on particular muscle groups and encouraging relaxation. This helps improve flexibility and range of motion and overall muscle performance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails