The cupcakes were a big hit and, most importantly, they brought a big smile to the birthday girl's face :)
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until combined.
4. Allow to cool and set (ideally) overnight.
A few tips
- You can store extra ganache in the fridge for up to a week, but ensure your cream has at least a week's shelf life from the date you use it. Then when you need to use it, remove it from the fridge and soften it by warming it up in short bursts (10 - 15 seconds) in the microwave.
- If you are make a larger amount of ganache, you can store it in the freezer in smaller containers. Then just take it out and let it come up to room temperature before you need to use it. You can then soften it in the same way you would if it were straight out of the fridge.
- If you want to pipe ganache over cupcakes, it can be whipped. Just be careful not to take it too far.. Stop as soon as it reaches the desired consistency and before it starts losing its gloss.
Happy baking, everyone :)
Happy birthday once again, Alice - I'm glad you enjoyed the cupcakes!