Sunday 23 August 2009

Cupcake Decorating Class



A couple of months ago I started looking for somewhere to learn more about cupcake decorating, and with that I set about my cyberspace hunt for cupake decorating classes in Sydney.... and then I came across a blog called Wee Love Baking. I was immediately impressed by Sharon's talent and skill in cake decoarting, especially with cupcakes. Then I started reading some of her earlier posts and saw that she held private cupcake decorating classes!

The search was over, and so I contacted Sharon to ask her about my friend and I doing a class with her. She said yes, and Jacqui and I arranged to have a private class with her. We were delighted, and started counting down the days till our class :)

So yesterday that day finally arrived, and Jacqui and I headed for Sharon's place in the city, ready to start the class at 11am. We started by talking about the theme for our cupcakes, and we thought that a Spring theme would be nice. Little animals, pastel colours, flowers, etc.

Of course, one of my favourite parts of the class was learning how to make ladybirds... All the materials (incl. actual cupcakes) were provided as part of the course fee. We decorated a set of 12 cupcakes each, and we were so happy with how they turned out!




I learnt so much about working with fondant - it is not as difficult as I imagined it might be, and it was really fun! On top of being just lovely, Sharon is a great teacher with lots of useful tips, and seeing some of her work was truly inspiring. I can't wait to go and get some materials for myself so that I can start getting creative at home.

Sharon is a full-time marketer by day, and cake decorating extraordinaire by every other waking moment! She recently started her own business doing custom designed cakes, cupcakes and cookies. To check out Sharon Wee Creations, go to: http://www.sharonwee.com.au/

Love,

Ladbird xxx

Ps - Thank you to Sharon for sending these pics through!

3 comments:

  1. They are so gorgeous! I love the little bunny and the ladybird is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna :)

    I have been wanting to do a decorating course as well, I'm going to email Sharon to see if she can adapt the fondant etc so that's vegan!

    Mandee xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are beautiful. I never knew cupcakes could look like that! I am very impressed, great job!
    -Sylvia
    Padron

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails